Tall fescue tolerates warm temperatures
This grass stays green during cool, but not severe winter conditions. Tall fescue is the most common lawn grass in California. This popular grass has excellent tolerance for heat stress and drought. It will tolerate moderate traffic and infrequent mowing.
Tall Fescue features
- Beautiful dark-green
- Medium texture
- Provides year-round green in the Southwest
- Deep root system ensures drought and heat tolerance
- Good drought recovery
- Excellent adaptability and can thrive in a wide range of soil types
- Tolerant of saline soils and saline irrigation water
- Once established, provides superior wear tolerance
- Dense growth habit makes it highly resistant to disease
- Natural dark-green color means less nitrogen is required
- Slower growing
- Will recover from wear
- Seed available for repairs
- Thrives in cool to warm climates, USDA zones 3 to 9.
- Moderately shade tolerant, requires full sun most of the day.
- 1” to 3” with a rotary mower